Thursday, May 29, 2008

Its time to move on....

Hi everyone, glad to meet you all back once again. However i am sad to say that this would be the last entry that i would be doing for my UIR lesson.

Throughout these 7 weeks of UIR, i learnt alot of valuables lessons and together with that i have gathered tons of precious memories blogging. It was through UIR that i learnt to blog for the first time in my life. I am glad to say that UIR has been a rather enriching experience to me.

I was taught to search the websites by identifying and comparing the different categories of the internet resources such as discussion forums, electronic journals or magazines and the WWW sites. I was also taught to identify the different purposes of internet resources and compare them as well.

In addition to that, I learnt to search for information using different search facilities which I never realized existed. In total there are about four different types of search facilities namely the search engines, Meta search engines, subject directories and databases. These four search facilities can be used for different purposes.

Most of all, I was introduced and taught to use a criterion of which I should utilize when searching for information. Purpose, coverage, authority, accuracy are some main points of the criterion which would enable me to evaluate the effectiveness of different Internet search facilities. Not only does this ensure that I do get the correct information, it also prevents me form obtaining information from a source which might be fictitious or inaccurate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home