My Dream Holiday!!!
Hi everyone,
I totally loved last wk's lessons, because it enabled me to find some rather interesting information about my dream holiday.
So here it is...
The website that I researched about my dream holiday is: http://www.australia-goldcoast.com.au/
The website provides useful information describing what Gold Coast city is all about. It has a link which totally talks about the history of Gold Coast City and it was somewhat fascinating to read it. The website also has various tabs which enable the readers to know more about Gold Coast city. For example, the Accommodations tab focuses fully on the various places tourists can stay at. The Attractions tab and the Local link tabs are the main ones that really enlighten me about what are some of the interesting places there are that I could tour around and what are some of the local activities there are. I also liked the travel Advise tab, as it educates me on how I should be wary of myself when I am travelling in Gold Coast. There is also a Japanese edition link, which enables readers who knows Japanese to read it with ease. However, I felt that it would have been much better if there were links to other languages as well.
The website belongs to the Gold Tweed Coast Pte Ltd. There is a Contact tab which enables readers to contact the person in charge either through mail or telephone. It is also up to date and was recently updated on 14 April 2008. It was also rather easy to access the webpages as there was no need to register to read the information. The whole website looks crowed actually because the background is too busy with the watermarked pictures of leaves and trees. It thus makes it more difficult for readers to read the content. However I like the fact that there is like a menu system at the side of the screen, which enables the users to browse through the various pages with ease. Presentation wise, most of the information are laid in a table format hence making it look neat. All in all, the website was not quite user friendly, because it did not have any search functions or help information that could help me get more information.
So throughout my whole evaluation of this website, I chose Purpose as the most important criteria that I had used to get information about my Dream Holiday. I chose to go to Gold Coast City because I have never been there in my life. In addition to that, the reviews and the experiences that my friends had shared with me about Gold Coast had sparked an interest in me to travel there. I want to experience all the same exciting things that my friends had experienced as well.
Picture Time...




Reflections:
While doing practical 6, I learnt quite a few things. For example, I got to know that there are actually many evaluation criteria that are available. I did not know that I could use these criterias to find for information. These criteria helped me to compare websites with one another and see which one is better and more beneficial to me. It also helped me to rate the value of information found in the websites. So after this lesson, I have learnt to find information based on these criterias to ensure the validity of my research rather than just blindly find any resources that might not even be accurate.
I totally loved last wk's lessons, because it enabled me to find some rather interesting information about my dream holiday.
So here it is...
The website that I researched about my dream holiday is: http://www.australia-goldcoast.com.au/
The website provides useful information describing what Gold Coast city is all about. It has a link which totally talks about the history of Gold Coast City and it was somewhat fascinating to read it. The website also has various tabs which enable the readers to know more about Gold Coast city. For example, the Accommodations tab focuses fully on the various places tourists can stay at. The Attractions tab and the Local link tabs are the main ones that really enlighten me about what are some of the interesting places there are that I could tour around and what are some of the local activities there are. I also liked the travel Advise tab, as it educates me on how I should be wary of myself when I am travelling in Gold Coast. There is also a Japanese edition link, which enables readers who knows Japanese to read it with ease. However, I felt that it would have been much better if there were links to other languages as well.
The website belongs to the Gold Tweed Coast Pte Ltd. There is a Contact tab which enables readers to contact the person in charge either through mail or telephone. It is also up to date and was recently updated on 14 April 2008. It was also rather easy to access the webpages as there was no need to register to read the information. The whole website looks crowed actually because the background is too busy with the watermarked pictures of leaves and trees. It thus makes it more difficult for readers to read the content. However I like the fact that there is like a menu system at the side of the screen, which enables the users to browse through the various pages with ease. Presentation wise, most of the information are laid in a table format hence making it look neat. All in all, the website was not quite user friendly, because it did not have any search functions or help information that could help me get more information.
So throughout my whole evaluation of this website, I chose Purpose as the most important criteria that I had used to get information about my Dream Holiday. I chose to go to Gold Coast City because I have never been there in my life. In addition to that, the reviews and the experiences that my friends had shared with me about Gold Coast had sparked an interest in me to travel there. I want to experience all the same exciting things that my friends had experienced as well.
Picture Time...




Reflections:
While doing practical 6, I learnt quite a few things. For example, I got to know that there are actually many evaluation criteria that are available. I did not know that I could use these criterias to find for information. These criteria helped me to compare websites with one another and see which one is better and more beneficial to me. It also helped me to rate the value of information found in the websites. So after this lesson, I have learnt to find information based on these criterias to ensure the validity of my research rather than just blindly find any resources that might not even be accurate.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home